QUEER STORIES performing June 24-26 at 7pm
It's pride month! Join us in celebrating Grand Rapids pride festival month for an incredible artistic expression of queer stories and experiences! 7 powerful performers will be telling of their own experiences through song, spoken word, and theatrical monologues. It will surely be a moving and empowering performance you will not want to miss!
Performers: Danah Montgomery, Khari Neal, Eli Sulkowski, Meaghan Gietzen, Matty Owen, Darius Colquitt, and Marcus Jordan.
Artistic Team: Ellie Frances, Marcus Jordan, Jenna Betka-Pope, and Brendan Vincent.
Performances: are outdoors at John S Hyatt and Associates at 1765 Alpine Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Seating: is general admission and is accessible 30 minutes prior to performances. Chairs are provided but feel free to bring your own comfy lawn chair if you prefer!
Bring a cooler packed with your favorite snacks and drinks and enjoy a safe evening of live theatre with us!
1. COVID? Performances are OUTSIDE and we're practicing social distancing throughout the seating area. Please wear a mask while moving about the space. We're aware of the recent CDC announcement but we're also fully conscious of the fact that over the past year, masks have been most of our first-line of defense. We want everyone to be comfortable. So while you move around, please be masked. Once seated, go ahead and take it off if you'd like. The cast will be unmasked but remaining distanced.
2. Accessibility? This is an outdoor venue with no steps and the portable bathroom is ADA compliant.
3. Seating? We have chairs for all! But, hey, we know you probably have that super comfy chair you've been wishing you could have used at Meijer Garden concerts last summer. Go ahead and bring it along! We'll just pull our chairs out of your way.
4. Parking? There is limited handicap parking available in the venue parking lot itself. Otherwise our friends at the Crystal Flash office are making their parking lot available to all of us. It is located directly across the street from the venue directly behind the Mobile gas station (entrant is just south of the Mobile gas station entrance).
5. Location? John S. Hyatt & Associates, Inc. is located at 1765 Alpine Ave. NW. It is two buildings North of Greyline Brewing Company. Watch for the Actors' Theatre banner on the West side of the road.
6. Tickets? Tickets are still available for the three performances and can be purchased in advance at atgr.org or at the door. And don't forget! These are 'pay-what-you-can'.
7. Food and Beverages? Absolutely! Pack a cooler or picnic basket with your favorite drinks and snacks! On Saturday night, the food truck Patty Matters will be joining us and there's always Greyline Brewing Co. just two doors down!